What is Commercial Legal Protection cover?
Commercial Legal Protection is designed to help SME businesses deal with unexpected legal issues not already covered by their other insurance policies. It's intended to compliment traditional SME policies, rather than substitute cover.
What does it cover?
In general terms, legal expenses insurance provides advice and cover for the legal costs of pursuing or defending certain classes of legal action.
- Access to a legal advice service managed by one of Australia’s prominent legal firms. Allows the Insured to receive targeted advice from a lawyer relating to any problem directly associated with the client’s core business activities
- Designed to defend and pursue potential legal disputes related to the client’s core business activities
- Specifically designed for SME clients across most industries and professions. Complements other classes of insurance as it may alleviate the financial burden associated with legal disputes which could curb the need for full-scale litigation
- Broad definition of Insured — includes any individual, corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, limited liability company, unincorporated organisation or other legal entity
- Underwritten by Lloyd’s of London
- No proposal form required
For more information, download What is Commercial Legal Protection Cover or call us on 03 9809 1532 for more information.