Protect the land and produce that provides your livelihood
Working on the land brings many rewards – but just as many risks. As a farm owner, you’re vulnerable to bad weather that can destroy crops or damage your property; diseases that can threaten your livestock, machinery breakdown which can cost you time and money, personal illness or a serious accident – or even a claim from a worker or guest injured on your property.
That’s why farm insurance can help protect your farm and its produce, and the wellbeing of you, your family and the people that pass through your property.
Who should consider it?
Whether you’re a large-scale crop grower or livestock producer or a small family or hobby farm, Farm Insurance can help protect your farm, its produce and livestock – and the people who benefit from it.
What can it cover?
The types of insurance covers you may require will vary depending on your business activities and the products available from insurers. An example of some of the types of insurance policies you may consider could include:
- Home and Contents - Covers loss, damage or theft occurring to the farm owner’s home and contents.
- Motor - Similar to a motor vehicle insurance policy but also includes cover for risks associated with working on a farm.
- Machinery - Covers farm machinery such as tractors and associated equipment used on a farm.
- Property - Covers your farm buildings, contents, machinery and hay for example.
- Liability - Covers your legal exposures associated with farming activities.
- Crop & Livestock - Covers your farm animals and produce for a wide variety of situations such as accidental injury, theft and severe weather conditions.
- Farm Business Interruption - Covers a loss of income following an insured event which affects business income.
- Plus Many More Products. There are a wide range of additional insurance products available which our brokers can discuss with you.
What isn’t covered?
There are exclusions. There is also often a deductible or excess and limits on cover.
Jason owns a wheat farm in western New South Wales. He owns some expensive farming equipment and vehicles. One night, a fire breaks out in one of his sheds, destroying a tractor and a ute.
Jason’s farm insurance includes accidental damage and theft insurance – so he’s able to claim the cost of replacing both vehicles after the fire.
Download our Farm Insurance Fact Sheet
There are many reasons to get in touch with us
Flexible payment options
When it comes time for payment, there are various options available to help improve your cash flow.
Not all policies are the same
You generally get what you pay for. But we'll do the hard work for you, source options, and make recommendations most suitable for you.
We can access more insurers
Including those who don’t deal with the general public therefore providing more options for your consideration ensuring you get the best level of cover available.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!
Insurance can be complex and confusing and there are many things to take into consideration. Contact us today to discuss your insurance needs.